How to open oysters safely
Whever we shuck oysters, we use the Wusthof Oyster Knife 4281 or 4282, and the Honeywell Chainex 2000 Chainmail Glove. We know that these utensils help us to shuck oysters of all varieties, shapes and sizes, precisely and safely every time.
1. Insert oyster knife into hinge, between the shells.
2. Gently wiggle or work the knife further between the shells
3. Continue to wiggle the knife until the oyster shells pop open.
4. Slide knife across the underside of upper shell and cut the adductor muscle
from the top flat shell. Use a circular motion to cut the abductor muscle.
5. Remove the upper shell.
6. Cut the adductor muscle from the bottom cupped shell.
Use a circular motion to cut the adductor muscle.
7. Optional: Flip the meat over for presentation.
Don't delay, schlurp away!